Business rebuilds are underway in the Cornubia Industrial and Business Estate (CIBE) following severe damage caused by the July civil unrest. While eThekwini Municipality has notified businesses that plan submissions for rebuilds were waivered for remedial building work, the CIBE MA still requires businesses and property owners to provide the following information during rebuilds:
- Provide a brief scope of works.
- Provide programme of works dates from commencement to anticipated completion.
- Provide a basic plan highlighting major remedial work or images indicating damaged items to be repaired.
- This plan must indicate site establishment area, refuse/rubble deposit area and materials yard (preferably on the site plan).
- Contractors to have Occupational Health & Safety in place etc. Site hoarding only needed where deemed appropriate for safety/security at yours and your consultant’s discretion.
- Damages deposit will only be required if any remedial work effects common property of the Association.
- Contact information and particulars of project team must be provided.
CIBE MA precinct manager Sihle Miya adds: “Any planned new additions or alterations must still follow the standard Design Review Panel process.”
Please click here for more information the city’s One Stop Centre established to assist businesses with the various relief and recovery measures.
Please contact email@example.com for more information.