The holidays are here and finally, holidaymakers can put their feet up and relax. Ballito UIP security manager Dieter Fittkau gives us his top five safety tips so you can enjoy a safe and peaceful festive break, no matter where you go.
- If you are travelling to a destination, you are not familiar with, get acquainted with the route and destination beforehand.
- When you get to your destination ensure you have contact numbers for your local police station, emergency doctors and local hospital contact numbers.
- Do not leave valuable items exposed in your car, your home or holiday unit. Take items of value with you when you leave your car or lock them in the boot or in a safe. Always check your car is locked to avoid remote jamming.
- If approached in any manner while using an ATM cancel your transaction immediately, remove your card and walk away.
- Always be aware of your surroundings no matter where you are.
- Travel in groups if possible
- Park in well-lit areas
- Avoid carrying around large sums of money
Here is the Cornubia Industrial and Business Estate MA emergency hotline number that can be used for fault and crime reporting: 086 124 4258